Referrals are the best form of marketing for a business, but they can be hard to generate. Referral programs are a great incentive to get people talking about you and a great way to reward your talkers. Another way to really ramp up your referrals is to partner with a business that shares your target market.
For example, a wedding coordinator and a photographer would make a good co-op team. Opportunities to cross-promote include:
• Bundle services including the other business’s services in a package deal
• Include coupons in each other’s sale delivery
• Share advertising space and split the cost
• Have brochures and flyers on display in each other’s lobbies
• Include links to each other’s web sites
• “Like” each other on Facebook
• Provide reviews and endorsements for each other on social media sites
When choosing a business with whom to partner, consider their work ethic and quality in addition to how well their target market matches yours. You want to be confident your clients will be in good hands and will receive the same level of service you would deliver.
For more ideas on co-op’s, call Re:think Marketing at 563-580-5657.